Wichita State vs. Ohio State: Full Game Preview
|Wichita State||C Early 13.7||C Hall 7.0||M Armstead 4.0|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 19.7||D Thomas 6.0||A Craft 4.7|
No. 2-seeded Ohio State meets No. 9-seeded Wichita State in the elite eight of the NCAA Tournament at Staples Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 7:05 p.m. ET and you can see it on CBS.
The 20 points by Deshaun Thomas helped the Buckeyes to a 73-70 victory over Arizona on Mar. 28. He paces the team in points per game with 19.7, and rebounds per game with 6.0. In a 72-58 victory over La Salle on Mar. 28, Malcolm Armstead put up 18 points and six rebounds for the Shockers. With 4.0 assists per game and 1.9 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. From a tempo-free perspective, Wichita State is strong in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.8 and offensive rebounding percentage at 38.1.
Wichita State StatSmack
- Over the past 10 years, Ohio State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Wichita State (eight vs. zero).
- The Ohio State scoring leader (Deshaun Thomas, 592 points) has more points than the Wichita State scoring leader (Cleanthony Early, 463 points).
- Ohio State has a stronger schedule than Wichita State this season (SOS Rank: No. 13 vs. No. 104).
- Wichita State has been ducking Ohio State for over 30 years.
- Ohio State has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Wichita State (14 vs. two).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Ohio State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (962 to 954) than Wichita State, per the NCAA.
- Ohio State has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Wichita State this season (six vs. three).
- Ohio State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Ohio State is 78.0 inches compared to 76.6 inches for Wichita State.
- Ohio State players are more experienced than Wichita State players (13,064 minutes played vs. 12,865 minutes played).
- Ohio State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (64.4 percent to 54.5 percent).
- Ohio State has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Wichita State (two vs. zero).
|C||Fred Van Vleet||16||4||2||2||1||0||1|
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||7||3||2||0||0||0||0|