Chievo Verona vs. AC Milan: Complete Serie A Preview
Playing against Chievo is never easy, as they use a highly defensive 5-3-2 formation which closes down spaces well and plays on the counter. The Rossoneri will have to shut down their ex-player Alberto Paloschi and in-form Cyril Thereau, who has a tendency for scoring world class goals.
Milan (third place): 4 wins, 1 draw in last 5 matches.
Chievo (fourteenth place): 2 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw in last 5 matches.
AC Milan (4-3-3): Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Bonera, Constant; Flamini, Montolivo, Muntari; Niang, Balotelli, El Shaarawy.
Chievo Verona (5-3-2): Puggioni, Frey, Andreolli, Dainelli, Acerbi, Drame; Guana, Rigoni, Cofie; Thereau, Paloschi.
- The stakes are a lot higher for Milan than they are for Chievo, as the Flying Donkeys are 10 points above the relegation zone. The Rossoneri, on the other hand, have to fend off the resurgent Fiorentina side, who are three points behind them.
- This match is very important for Stephan El Shaarawy. He hasn't looked the same in 2013 after playing virtually every game for his team in the first half of the season.
- Why always you? There's little doubt that Mario Balotelli has been the best piece of business so far in the January transfer window. He has scored seven goals in six matches since his Serie A return and has added a few scintillating performances with the Italian national team as well.
- Alberto Paloschi will be looking for revenge. The former Milan striker was never really given a chance at the club where he grew up. He has had a great season so far, scoring seven goals in 10 domestic appearances for Chievo.
Who will win the match?
- There are two teams in Verona. Incredibly, Serie B side Hellas Verona averages a higher match attendance—14,000—than their Serie A counterpart Chievo—9,000.
In the end, Milan should win easily at the anticlimactic Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi, which has had some of the lowest attendances in Serie A despite fielding an overachieving team that hasn't even risked relegation in recent years.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?