La Salle 58
(24-10, 8-6 away)
Wichita State 72
(29-8, 14-2 home)
Venue: Staples Center
10:32PM ET / 7:32PM PT, March 28, 2013
||T Garland 16
||R Galloway 8
||T Duren 4
||M Armstead 18
||E Orukpe 9
||M Armstead 4
No. 13-seeded La Salle was beaten by No. 9-seeded Wichita State 72-58 in the Sweet Sixteen on Thursday, Mar. 28. The Explorers were paced by Tyrone Garland, who put up 16 points and four rebounds. Ramon Galloway had 11 points and added eight rebounds. For the Shockers, Malcolm Armstead finished with a game-high 18 points and six rebounds. La Salle closes out the season with a 24-10 record. The Explorers got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Butler 69-58 in the A-10 Tournament. In the regular season, they finished third in the A-10 with an 11-5 record in conference play. In making the Sweet Sixteen, La Salle beat No. 13-seeded Boise State 80-71 in the first round, No. 4-seeded Kansas State 63-61 in the second round, and then No. 12-seeded Ole Miss 76-74 in the third round.
La Salle Game Notes
- La Salle has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording 58 or fewer total points.
- The Explorers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- La Salle has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Jerrell Wright and Tyrone Garland) accounted for 55.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ramon Galloway and Jerrell Wright) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Jerrell Wright has led the team in scoring in four out of 34 games this season.
- Ramon Galloway has led the team in rebounding in five out of 34 games this season.
- Ramon Galloway has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrone Garland had a career high with four three-pointers.
Wichita State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Malcolm Armstead and Carl Hall) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- Malcolm Armstead has led the team in scoring six times in 37 games this season.
- Ehimen Orukpe has led the team in rebounding four times in 37 games this season.
- Carl Hall has seven straight double-digit point games.
|B||Fred Van Vleet||18||7||0||2||1||0||0|