No. 4-seeded Syracuse got a win over No. 1-seeded Indiana 61-50 in the Sweet Sixteen on Thursday, Mar. 28. The Orange got the win with a career-high 24 points and six rebounds from Michael Carter-Williams. C.J. Fair had 11 points and added eight rebounds. Cody Zeller finished with 10 points and nine rebounds for the Hoosiers. Indiana wraps up the season with a 29-7 record. The Hoosiers got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Wisconsin 68-56 in the Big Ten Tournament In the regular season, they finished first in the Big Ten with a 14-4 conference record. In making the Sweet Sixteen, Indiana beat No. 16-seeded James Madison 83-62 in the second round and then No. 9-seeded Temple 58-52 in the third round.
Syracuse Game Notes
- The win over Indiana extended the Syracuse winning streak to three games.
- SU beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 18th time this season the Orange have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, SU played 62 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 36-26.
- The Orange have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 11 or more blocks.
- Syracuse has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) when its three-point percentage has been 40.0 percent or better.
- SU has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- SU has won every game this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Syracuse has won 78 percent of the time (21-6) when C.J. Fair has 11 points or more, 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Michael Carter-Williams plays 38 minutes or more, and 86 percent of the time (12-2) when Brandon Triche has six field goals made or more.
- SU set a season low for assists (four).
- The Orange have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past seven games.
- Michael Carter-Williams accounted for 39.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Fair and James Southerland) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Carter-Williams has led the team in scoring in seven out of 38 games this season.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 38 games this season.
- C.J. Fair has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Michael Carter-Williams's career.
- Michael Carter-Williams had career highs with 24 points, nine field goals made, and three three-pointers.
Indiana Game Notes
- Victor Oladipo accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cody Zeller and Christian Watford) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Victor Oladipo has led the team in scoring 10 times in 36 games this season.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 36 games this season.
- Victor Oladipo has six straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller has eight straight double-digit point games.