On Thursday, Mar. 28, No. 1-seeded Indiana took on No. 4-seeded Syracuse and lost to the Orange 61-50 in the Sweet Sixteen. Cody Zeller put up 10 points and nine rebounds in the Hoosiers loss. Victor Oladipo had 16 points and added two rebounds. For the Orange, Michael Carter-Williams finished with a career-high 24 points and six rebounds. Indiana closes out the season with a 29-7 record. The Hoosiers got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Wisconsin 68-56 in the Big Ten Tournament. In the regular season, they finished first in the Big Ten with a 14-4 record in conference play. In making the Sweet Sixteen, Indiana beat No. 16-seeded James Madison 83-62 in the second round and then No. 9-seeded Temple 58-52 in the third round.
Indiana Game Notes
- Prior to this game, IU played 49 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 15-34.
- IU set season lows for field goals made (16), field goal percentage (34.0), and total points (50).
- Victor Oladipo accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cody Zeller and Christian Watford) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Victor Oladipo has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 36 games this season.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 36 games this season.
- Victor Oladipo has six straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller has eight straight double-digit point games.
Syracuse Game Notes
- Michael Carter-Williams accounted for 39.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Fair and James Southerland) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Carter-Williams has led the team in scoring seven times in 38 games this season.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 38 games this season.
- C.J. Fair has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Michael Carter-Williams's career.
- Michael Carter-Williams set career highs with 24 points, nine field goals made, and three three-pointers.