(21) Arizona 70
(27-8, 7-4 away)
(7) Ohio State 73
(29-7, 16-2 home)
Venue: Staples Center
7:47PM ET / 4:47PM PT, March 28, 2013
||M Lyons 23
||K Parrom 7
||S Hill 3
||D Thomas 20
||L Smith Jr. 8
||A Craft 5
No. 6-seeded Arizona dropped a close one to No. 2-seeded Ohio State 73-70 in the Sweet Sixteen on Thursday, Mar. 28. The Wildcats were led by Solomon Hill, who put up 16 points and three rebounds. Mark Lyons put up his third straight game with 23 points or more, scoring a game-high 23 points in 36 minutes. Mark Lyons had a game-high 23 points. For the Buckeyes, Aaron Craft got 13 points and five rebounds. Arizona closes out the season with a 27-8 record. The Wildcats got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to UCLA 66-64 in the Pac-12 Tournament. In the regular season, they finished fourth in the Pac-12 with a 12-6 record in conference play. In making the Sweet Sixteen, Arizona beat No. 11-seeded Belmont 81-64 in the second round and then No. 14-seeded Harvard 74-51 in the third round.
Arizona Game Notes
- Arizona beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- The Wildcats have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Arizona is 31-31 in close games.
- Prior to this game, Arizona played 32 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 12-20.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 53.8 percent or better this season, Arizona has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Arizona set a season low for assists (seven).
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- Arizona has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Wildcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Mark Lyons accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Nick Johnson and Kevin Parrom) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Mark Lyons has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 35 games this season.
- Nick Johnson had career highs with seven rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Mark Lyons's career.
- Mark Lyons has three straight 20+ point games.
Ohio State Game Notes
- The Buckeyes won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Ohio State is 26-23 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Deshaun Thomas and LaQuinton Ross) accounted for 50.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sam Thompson and Lenzelle Smith Jr.) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Deshaun Thomas has led the team in scoring 28 times in 36 games this season.
- Sam Thompson has led the team in rebounding three times in 36 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Deshaun Thomas's career.
- Deshaun Thomas has three straight 20+ point games.
|B+||L. Smith Jr.||35||6||8||2||1||1||0|