(15) Marquette 71
(26-8, 5-6 away)
(5) Miami 61
(29-7, 14-1 home)
Venue: Verizon Center
7:15PM ET / 4:15PM PT, March 28, 2013
||J Wilson 16
||T Lockett 11
||D Wilson 3
||S Larkin 14
||D Scott 7
||D Scott 5
On Thursday, Mar. 28, No. 2-seeded Miami (FL) took on No. 3-seeded Marquette and fell to the Golden Eagles 71-61 in the Sweet Sixteen. The Hurricanes were paced by Shane Larkin, who put up a team-high 14 points and four rebounds. Durand Scott scored 10 points and added seven rebounds. Jamil Wilson got a game-high 16 points and eight rebounds for the Golden Eagles. Miami (FL) closes out the season with a 29-7 record. The Hurricanes got to the NCAA Tournament as the ACC champion after beating North Carolina 87-77 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished first in the ACC with a 15-3 record in conference play. In making the Sweet Sixteen, Miami (FL) defeated No. 15-seeded Pacific 78-49 in the second round and then No. 7-seeded Illinois 63-59 in the third round.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- Prior to this game, Miami (FL) played 31 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 9-22.
- Miami (FL) has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Shane Larkin and Kenny Kadji) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- Shane Larkin has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 36 games this season.
- Durand Scott has led the team in rebounding in four out of 36 games this season.
- Shane Larkin has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Durand Scott.
Marquette Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jamil Wilson and Vander Blue) accounted for 42.2 percent of the points.
- Trent Lockett accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jamil Wilson has led the team in scoring eight times in 34 games this season.
- Trent Lockett has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 34 games this season.
- Vander Blue has six straight double-digit point games.
- Trent Lockett recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamil Wilson has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Jamil Wilson set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
|-||S. Taylor Jr.||3||0||0||1||0||0||1|