Rather than dissect each team and tell you why any squad can win, I’m going to go the opposite way. Let’s have some fun.
1. Because Roy Williams is a phony. He also says the word “crap” too much. It’s unsettling. How great would a loss to Kansas feel for all of us after his rant to Bonnie Bernstein in ‘03?
2. Because Ty Lawson, by Williams’ own admission, turned his ankle again at the end of the Louisville game. Lawson, you are no Ray Felton! Plus, Danny Green will finally sprain his ankle during his pre-game dance routine.
3. Because Hansbrough will outwork everyone in practice, leaving them to their own devices and staring them down with his frog eyes. Can’t get your team up in that fashion.
4. Because a title for this team would give Billy Packer and Dick Vitale a reason to continue in their professions for the next decade.
5. Because the games require them to hop on a plane in order to play them.
One reason why they will—Eve Carson.