(19-15, 4-8 away)
(21-14, 15-5 home)
Venue: Ferrell Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 27, 2013
||B Cotton 23
||L Henton 8
||K Dunn 6
||C Jefferson 26
||R Gathers 10
||P Jackson 13
On Wednesday, Mar. 27, No. 2-seeded Baylor took on No. 4-seeded Providence and got a major victory against the Friars 79-68 in the quarterfinals of the NIT. Pierre Jackson earned a double-double for the Bears with 20 points and 13 assists. Cory Jefferson had a game-high 26 points and added four rebounds. For the Friars, Kadeem Batts finished with 20 points and eight rebounds. Providence wraps up the season with a 19-15 record. In the regular season, they finished ninth in the Big East with a 9-9 conference record. In making the quarterfinals, Providence got the best of No. 5-seeded Charlotte 75-66 in the first round and then No. 8-seeded Robert Morris 77-68 in the second round.
Baylor Game Notes
- The last time Baylor started the season 21-14 was 2008.
- The win over Providence extended the Baylor winning streak to three games.
- Baylor beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- Baylor has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.9 percent or better.
- The Bears have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 19 or more assists.
- Baylor has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- This season Baylor has won 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Rico Gathers has four field goals made or more and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Cory Jefferson has six free throws made or more.
- Baylor set season lows for three-pointers (three) and turnovers (five).
- This is the 20th game at home this season--Baylor has a 15.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Cory Jefferson accounted for 32.9 percent of the team's points.
- Rico Gathers accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Cory Jefferson has led the team in scoring in seven out of 35 games this season.
- Rico Gathers has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 35 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Pierre Jackson's career.
- Pierre Jackson has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Pierre Jackson recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and ninth of his career.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Cory Jefferson's career.
- Cory Jefferson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Cory Jefferson had a career high with 26 points.
- Rico Gathers recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for A.J. Walton.
Providence Game Notes
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Batts and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 48.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring 18 times in 34 games this season.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Kadeem Batts's career.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has three straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Vincent Council's career.
- Vincent Council has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Kris Dunn.