(19-15, 4-8 away)
(21-14, 15-5 home)
Venue: Ferrell Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 27, 2013
||B Cotton 23
||L Henton 8
||K Dunn 6
||C Jefferson 26
||R Gathers 10
||P Jackson 13
On Wednesday, Mar. 27, No. 4-seeded Providence took on No. 2-seeded Baylor and was knocked off by the Bears 79-68 in the quarterfinals of the NIT. The Friars were led by Kadeem Batts, who put up 20 points and eight rebounds. Bryce Cotton picked up his third straight game with 20 points or more, scoring a team-high 23 points in 40 minutes. Pierre Jackson registered a double-double for the Bears on 20 points and 13 assists. Providence closes out the season with a 19-15 record. In the regular season, they finished ninth in the Big East with a 9-9 record in conference play. In making the quarterfinals, Providence beat No. 5-seeded Charlotte 75-66 in the first round and then No. 8-seeded Robert Morris 77-68 in the second round.
Providence Game Notes
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Providence has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Providence has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9 percent or better this season, Providence has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- PC set a season low for steals (one).
- Providence has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past six games.
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Batts and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 48.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 34 games this season.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 34 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Kadeem Batts's career.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has three straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Vincent Council's career.
- Vincent Council has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Kris Dunn.
Baylor Game Notes
- Cory Jefferson accounted for 32.9 percent of the team's points.
- Rico Gathers accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Cory Jefferson has led the team in scoring seven times in 35 games this season.
- Rico Gathers has led the team in rebounding nine times in 35 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Pierre Jackson's career.
- Pierre Jackson has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Pierre Jackson recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and ninth of his career.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Cory Jefferson's career.
- Cory Jefferson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Cory Jefferson set a career high with 26 points.
- Rico Gathers recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for A.J. Walton.