(24-12, 3-8 away)
(23-12, 20-2 home)
Venue: John Paul Jones Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 27, 2013
||R Devyn Marble 24
||A Woodbury 8
||R Devyn Marble 5
||J Anderson 24
||A Mitchell 7
||J Evans 4
No. 3-seeded Iowa beat No. 1-seeded Virginia 75-64 in the quarterfinals of the NIT on Wednesday, Mar. 27. Roy Devyn Marble picked up his third straight game with 24 points or more for the Hawkeyes, scoring a game-high 24 points (5 Ast 3 Reb 3 Stl) in 36 minutes. Adam Woodbury also contributed, scoring 10 points and adding eight rebounds. Justin Anderson finished with a season-high 24 points (6 Reb 5 Blk 3 Stl) for the Cavaliers, making five of eight from three-point range. Virginia wraps up the season with a 23-12 record. In the regular season, they finished fifth in the ACC with an 11-7 conference record. In making the quarterfinals, Virginia defeated No. 8-seeded Norfolk State 67-56 in the first round and then No. 5-seeded St. John's 68-50 in the second round.
Iowa Game Notes
- The win over Virginia extended the Iowa winning streak to three games.
- Iowa beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 21st time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- Iowa has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1 percent or better.
- The Hawkeyes have won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Iowa has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 19 or fewer field goals made.
- Iowa has won 94 percent of the time this season (16-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Iowa has won 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Adam Woodbury has 10 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Roy Devyn Marble plays 36 minutes or more, and 75 percent of the time (18-6) when Aaron White has four free throws made or more.
- The Hawkeyes have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- Roy Devyn Marble accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 36 games this season.
- Adam Woodbury has led the team in rebounding in six out of 36 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.
- Roy Devyn Marble has three straight 20+ point games.
- Eric May had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Virginia Game Notes
- Justin Anderson accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Akil Mitchell and Justin Anderson) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Justin Anderson has led the team in scoring five times in 35 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding 28 times in 35 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Justin Anderson's career.
- Justin Anderson has three straight double-digit point games.