On Wednesday, Mar. 27, No. 1-seeded Virginia took on No. 3-seeded Iowa and lost to the Hawkeyes 75-64 in the quarterfinals of the NIT. Justin Anderson played well for the Cavaliers and got a season-high 24 points (6 Reb 5 Blk 3 Stl), shooting five of eight from three-point range. Mike Tobey also had a strong game, scoring 15 points and adding six rebounds. For the Hawkeyes, Roy Devyn Marble got a game-high 24 points and five assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). Virginia closes out the season with a 23-12 record. In the regular season, they finished fifth in the ACC with an 11-7 record in conference play. In making the quarterfinals, Virginia overcame No. 8-seeded Norfolk State 67-56 in the first round and then No. 5-seeded St. John's 68-50 in the second round.
Virginia Game Notes
- Virginia has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording 26 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.1 percent or better this season, Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 47.1 percent or better this season, Virginia has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- This is the 22nd game at home this season--UVA has a 15.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Justin Anderson accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Akil Mitchell and Justin Anderson) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Justin Anderson has led the team in scoring in five out of 35 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding in 28 out of 35 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Justin Anderson's career.
- Justin Anderson has three straight double-digit point games.
Iowa Game Notes
- Roy Devyn Marble accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring 16 times in 36 games this season.
- Adam Woodbury has led the team in rebounding six times in 36 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.
- Roy Devyn Marble has three straight 20+ point games.
- Eric May set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.