(25-12, 4-7 away)
(23-13, 16-4 home)
Venue: Coleman Coliseum
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, March 26, 2013
||A Len 15
||A Len 13
||C Mitchell 2
||L Randolph 15
||R Cooper 5
||T Lacey 8
No. 1-seeded Alabama lost a nail-biter to No. 2-seeded Maryland 58-57 in the quarterfinals of the NIT on Tuesday, Mar. 26. The Crimson Tide got a team-high 15 points and four rebounds from Levi Randolph. Rodney Cooper got 13 points and added five rebounds. Alex Len registered a double-double for the Terrapins on a game-high 15 points and 13 rebounds. Alabama closes out the season with a 23-13 record. In the regular season, they finished third in the SEC with a 12-6 record in conference play. In making the quarterfinals, Alabama beat No. 8-seeded Northeastern 62-43 in the first round and then No. 4-seeded Stanford 66-54 in the second round.
Alabama Game Notes
- The Crimson Tide have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama is 30-32 in close games.
- Alabama has lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Alabama has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- This is the 20th game at home this season--Alabama has a 8.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trevor Lacey recorded a team season high in assists with eight.
- The top two scorers (Levi Randolph and Rodney Cooper) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Levi Randolph has led the team in scoring in five out of 36 games this season.
- Rodney Cooper has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 36 games this season.
- Levi Randolph has three straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Lacey had a career high with eight assists.
Maryland Game Notes
- The Terrapins won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Maryland is 28-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Alex Len and Dezmine Wells) accounted for 48.2 percent of the points.
- Alex Len accounted for 39.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Alex Len has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 21 times in 37 games this season.
- Dezmine Wells has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Dezmine Wells set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Alex Len recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Len recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and seventh of his career.
- Alex Len set career highs with 13 rebounds, nine defensive rebounds, and five blocks.