(25-12, 4-7 away)
(23-13, 16-4 home)
Venue: Coleman Coliseum
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, March 26, 2013
||A Len 15
||A Len 13
||C Mitchell 2
||L Randolph 15
||R Cooper 5
||T Lacey 8
No. 2-seeded Maryland narrowly beat No. 1-seeded Alabama 58-57 in the quarterfinals of the NIT on Tuesday, Mar. 26. The Terrapins got a double-double out of Alex Len with a game-high 15 points and 13 rebounds. Jake Layman also had a strong game, scoring 13 points and adding two rebounds. For the Crimson Tide, Levi Randolph got a team-high 15 points and four rebounds. Alabama wraps up the season with a 23-13 record. In the regular season, they finished third in the SEC with a 12-6 conference record. In making the quarterfinals, Alabama took down No. 8-seeded Northeastern 62-43 in the first round and then No. 4-seeded Stanford 66-54 in the second round.
Maryland Game Notes
- The win over Alabama extended the Maryland winning streak to three games.
- Maryland beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Terrapins have beaten the spread.
- The Terrapins have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Maryland is 28-26 in close games.
- Maryland has won every game this season (14-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- The Terrapins have won every game this season (4-0) after recording eight or more blocks.
- Maryland has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after committing 18 or fewer turnovers.
- Maryland has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- Maryland has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after holding an opponent to under 26.7 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Maryland has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Jake Layman has 13 points or more and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Alex Len has six field goals made or more.
- Maryland set a season low for free throws made (five).
- The Terrapins have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past nine games.
- The top two scorers (Alex Len and Dezmine Wells) accounted for 48.2 percent of the points.
- Alex Len accounted for 39.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Alex Len has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 21 times in 37 games this season.
- Dezmine Wells has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Dezmine Wells had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Alex Len recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Len recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and seventh of his career.
- Alex Len had career highs with 13 rebounds, nine defensive rebounds, and five blocks.
Alabama Game Notes
- The Crimson Tide have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama is 30-32 in close games.
- Trevor Lacey recorded a team season high in assists with eight.
- The top two scorers (Levi Randolph and Rodney Cooper) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Levi Randolph has led the team in scoring five times in 36 games this season.
- Rodney Cooper has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 36 games this season.
- Levi Randolph has three straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Lacey set a career high with eight assists.