Louisiana Tech 52
(27-7, 11-6 away)
Southern Miss 63
(27-9, 14-1 home)
Venue: Reed Green Coliseum
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, March 25, 2013
||R Appleby 17
||M Kyser 7
||A Hamilton 6
||D Davis 13
||J Mills 8
||D Davis 4
No. 5-seeded Louisiana Tech was defeated by No. 1-seeded Southern Miss 63-52 in the second round of the NIT on Monday, Mar. 25. With the loss, the season series with Southern Miss is now even at 1-1. The Bulldogs were led by Alex Hamilton, who put up 15 points and six assists (4 Reb 3 Blk). Raheem Appleby had a game-high 17 points and added six rebounds. For the Golden Eagles, Jonathan Mills got 10 points and eight rebounds. Louisiana Tech closes out the season with a 27-7 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the WAC with a 16-2 record in conference play. Louisiana Tech beat No. 4-seeded Florida State 71-66 in the first round.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Louisiana Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- Louisiana Tech has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- Raheem Appleby accounted for 32.6 percent of the team's points.
- Raheem Appleby has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 34 games this season.
- Michale Kyser has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 34 games this season.
- Raheem Appleby has three straight double-digit point games.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jerrold Brooks and Dwayne Davis) accounted for 41.2 percent of the points.
- Jerrold Brooks has led the team in scoring 10 times in 36 games this season.
- Jerrold Brooks has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jonathan Mills has four straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Davis has nine straight double-digit point games.