Louisiana Tech 52
(27-7, 11-6 away)
Southern Miss 63
(27-9, 14-1 home)
Venue: Reed Green Coliseum
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, March 25, 2013
||R Appleby 17
||M Kyser 7
||A Hamilton 6
||D Davis 13
||J Mills 8
||D Davis 4
No. 1-seeded Southern Miss squared off with No. 5-seeded Louisiana Tech on Monday, Mar. 25 and beat the Bulldogs 63-52 in the second round of the NIT. With the win, the Golden Eagles even up the season series against Louisiana Tech at 1-1. The Golden Eagles were led by Jonathan Mills, who put up 10 points and eight rebounds. Jerrold Brooks had 13 points and added four rebounds. Alex Hamilton got 15 points and six assists (4 Reb 3 Blk) for the Bulldogs. Louisiana Tech wraps up the season with a 27-7 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the WAC with a 16-2 conference record. Louisiana Tech took down No. 4-seeded Florida State 71-66 in the first round.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- USM beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Golden Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Southern Miss has won 81 percent of the time this season (13-3) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- The Golden Eagles have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording 41 or more rebounds.
- USM has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- USM has won every game this season (12-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Southern Miss has won 75 percent of the time (15-5) when Dwayne Davis has 13 points or more, 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Jerrold Brooks plays 33 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Rashard McGill has four field goals made or more.
- USM set season lows for three-pointers (one) and three-point percentage (6.7).
- Southern Miss has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--USM has a 21.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jerrold Brooks and Dwayne Davis) accounted for 41.2 percent of the points.
- Jerrold Brooks has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 36 games this season.
- Jerrold Brooks has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jonathan Mills has four straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Davis has nine straight double-digit point games.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- Raheem Appleby accounted for 32.6 percent of the team's points.
- Raheem Appleby has led the team in scoring 18 times in 34 games this season.
- Michale Kyser has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 34 games this season.
- Raheem Appleby has three straight double-digit point games.