(24-12, 9-8 away)
Brigham Young 90
(23-11, 15-3 home)
Venue: Marriott Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 25, 2013
||T Smith 19
||J Gollon 6
||J Gollon 9
||B Davies 26
||B Davies 10
||M Carlino 9
On Monday, Mar. 25, No. 7-seeded Mercer took on No. 3-seeded Brigham Young and was blown out by the Cougars 90-71 in the second round of the NIT. Jakob Gollon got nine points and nine assists in a losing effort. Travis Smith had a team-high 19 points and added four rebounds. Brandon Davies recorded a double-double for the Cougars on a game-high 26 points and 10 rebounds. Mercer closes out the season with a 24-12 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the Atlantic Sun with a 14-4 record in conference play. Mercer took down No. 2-seeded Tennessee 75-67 in the first round.
Mercer Game Notes
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Mercer has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.0 percent or better this season, Mercer has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Mercer has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Mercer has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Travis Smith and Langston Hall) accounted for 47.8 percent of the points.
- Travis Smith has led the team in scoring in 21 out of 36 games this season.
- Bud Thomas has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 36 games this season.
- Langston Hall has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jakob Gollon had a career high with nine assists.
- Travis Smith has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Smith had a career high with seven field goals made.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws) accounted for 55.5 percent of the points.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 23 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- Tyler Haws has four straight 20+ point games.
- Matt Carlino has four straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Carlino set a career high with five three-pointers.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Brandon Davies's career.
- Brandon Davies has three straight 20+ point games.
- Brandon Davies recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 23rd of his career.
|D||A. White Jr.||11||0||0||1||0||1||1|