(24-12, 9-8 away)
Brigham Young 90
(23-11, 15-3 home)
Venue: Marriott Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 25, 2013
||T Smith 19
||J Gollon 6
||J Gollon 9
||B Davies 26
||B Davies 10
||M Carlino 9
On Monday, Mar. 25, No. 3-seeded Brigham Young easily took down No. 7-seeded Mercer 90-71 in the second round of the NIT. Brandon Davies got a game-high 26 points and 10 rebounds for the Cougars, earning a double-double. Matt Carlino was active from three-point range, going five for 10 to get to 18 points overall (9 Ast 6 Reb). For the Bears, Jakob Gollon finished with nine points and nine assists. Mercer wraps up the season with a 24-12 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the Atlantic Sun with a 14-4 conference record. Mercer topped No. 2-seeded Tennessee 75-67 in the first round.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- BYU beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- The Cougars have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 90 or more total points.
- Brigham Young has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when its three-point percentage has been 41.7 percent or better.
- BYU has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record eight or fewer free throws made.
- This season Brigham Young has won 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Tyler Haws has 24 points or more, 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Brandon Davies plays 33 minutes or more, and 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Brock Zylstra has four field goals made or more.
- The Cougars set a season high for three-pointers (10).
- The Cougars have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 18th game at home this season--BYU has a 14.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws) accounted for 55.5 percent of the points.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 23 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- Tyler Haws has four straight 20+ point games.
- Matt Carlino has four straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Carlino had a career high with five three-pointers.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Brandon Davies's career.
- Brandon Davies has three straight 20+ point games.
- Brandon Davies recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 23rd of his career.
Mercer Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Travis Smith and Langston Hall) accounted for 47.8 percent of the points.
- Travis Smith has led the team in scoring 21 times in 36 games this season.
- Bud Thomas has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 36 games this season.
- Langston Hall has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jakob Gollon set a career high with nine assists.
- Travis Smith has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Smith set a career high with seven field goals made.
|D||A. White Jr.||11||0||0||1||0||1||1|