On Monday, Mar. 25, No. 4-seeded Providence outrebounded No. 8-seeded Robert Morris 43-18 and got a major win against the Colonials 77-68 in the second round of the NIT. The Friars got a double-double out of Vincent Council with 12 points and 10 assists. LaDontae Henton had a game-high 21 points and added six rebounds. For the Colonials, Russell Johnson got 16 points and three rebounds. Robert Morris wraps up the season with a 24-11 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the NEC with a 14-4 conference record. Robert Morris took down No. 1-seeded Kentucky 59-57 in the first round.
Providence Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 10:05 left to go.
- The last time PC started the season 19-14 was 2008.
- PC beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Friars have beaten the spread.
- PC has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- This season Providence has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when LaDontae Henton has six field goals made or more and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Bryce Cotton has five rebounds or more.
- Providence has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 18th game at home this season--PC has a 9.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (LaDontae Henton and Bryce Cotton) accounted for 53.2 percent of the points.
- LaDontae Henton has led the team in scoring in four out of 33 games this season.
- This game was the 16th double-digit assist game of Vincent Council's career.
- Vincent Council recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and 16th of his career.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Kadeem Batts.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of LaDontae Henton's career.
- LaDontae Henton had a career high with a 86 percent field goal percentage.
Robert Morris Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Karvel Anderson and Russell Johnson) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Lucky Jones accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Karvel Anderson has led the team in scoring 14 times in 35 games this season.
- Lucky Jones has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 35 games this season.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Velton Jones.