|Marquette||V Blue 14.8||T Lockett 4.9||J Cadougan 3.9|
|Miami||S Larkin 14.5||R Johnson 7.0||S Larkin 4.6|
No. 3-seeded Marquette meets No. 2-seeded Miami (FL) in the sweet sixteen of the NCAA Tournament at Verizon Center on Thursday. Tipoff is at 7:15 p.m. ET. The Golden Eagles have not played the Hurricanes since the 1988-89 season, when they fell 106-90.
In a 74-72 win over Butler on Mar. 23, Vander Blue put up 29 points for the Golden Eagles. With 14.8 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Hurricanes, Rion Brown put up 21 points and five rebounds in the 63-59 win over Illinois on Mar. 24. He is averaging 6.5 points and 1.9 rebounds per game. When considering the Four Factors, Miami (FL) performs well in turnover percentage at 16.8. This ranks second in the conference and 21st in the country.
Miami (FL) StatSmack
- Diaper Dandies love Marquette. Marquette has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Miami (3 vs. 2).
- Since 1998, Marquette has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Miami (four vs. three).
- Over the past 10 years, Marquette has had more players drafted by the NBA than Miami (seven vs. four).
- The Big East has a much better average team RPI than the ACC (67 vs. 87).
- The Marquette scoring leader (Vander Blue, 429 points) has more points than the Miami scoring leader (Shane Larkin, 410 points).
- Marquette has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Miami (10 vs. one).
- The Big East has 2 teams - Notre Dame (1.57) and Pittsburgh (1.52) - that have a better assist-to-turnover ratio than the ACC leader, North Carolina (1.38).
- The Big East has had two more Final Four teams than the ACC over the past 5 years.
- Marquette has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Miami (one vs. zero).
- Marquette has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($41,612 vs. $50,148).
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks are in the Big East.
|C||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|