|Florida Gulf Coast||S Brown 15.6||S Brown 6.6||B Comer 6.6|
|Florida||E Murphy 12.8||P Young 6.3||S Wilbekin 5.0|
No. 3-seeded Florida battles 15th-seeded Florida Gulf Coast in the sweet sixteen of the NCAA Tournament at Cowboys Stadium on Friday. The game gets underway at 9:57 p.m. ET. The Gators last played the Eagles on Dec. 10, 2008 and won 94-60.
In their last outing, behind 25 points from Mike Rosario, the Gators defeated Minnesota 78-64 on Mar. 24. In addition to his 12.5 points per game, he is also chipping in 2.5 rebounds per game. For the Eagles, Bernard Thompson finished with 23 points and five steals in the 81-71 win over San Diego State on Mar. 24. He is averaging 14.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.8 steals per game.
Florida Gulf Coast StatSmack
- Florida players are more experienced than Florida Gulf Coast players (20,120 minutes played vs. 15,811 minutes played).
- Over the past 10 years, Florida has had more players drafted by the NBA than Florida Gulf Coast (12 vs. zero).
- Florida has a stronger schedule than Florida Gulf Coast this season (SOS Rank: No. 25 vs. No. 231).
- Florida has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Florida Gulf Coast (20 vs. zero).
- Florida has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Florida Gulf Coast (eight vs. zero).
- Florida is ranked higher than Florida Gulf Coast in their conference (No. 1 vs. No. 2).
- Florida has a better record on the road than Florida Gulf Coast this season (7-5 vs. 6-9).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Florida currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (983 to 932) than Florida Gulf Coast, per the NCAA.
- Florida is a better three-point shooting team (38.2 percent vs. 33.9 percent) than Florida Gulf Coast this season.
- Florida has a better scoring defense (55.0 allowed per game vs. 66.7 allowed per game) than Florida Gulf Coast this season.
- Diaper Dandies love Florida. Florida has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Florida Gulf Coast (16 vs. 0).
|C+||M. Frazier II||18||6||3||1||0||0||1|