|Michigan||T Burke 18.8||M McGary 5.9||T Burke 6.7|
|Kansas||B McLemore 15.8||J Withey 8.5||E Johnson 4.7|
No. 1-seeded Kansas takes on No. 4-seeded Michigan in the sweet sixteen of the NCAA Tournament at Cowboys Stadium on Friday. Tipoff is at 7:37 p.m. ET. The Jayhawks are 2-0 against the Wolverines over the last four years. The last time they met (Jan. 9, 2011) they won 67-60.
In their last outing, behind 22 points and eight rebounds from Travis Releford, the Jayhawks defeated North Carolina 70-58 on Mar. 24. He leads the team in steals per game with 1.3 while also putting up 11.8 points per game. In a 78-53 blowout of Virginia Commonwealth on Mar. 23, Mitch McGary put up 21 points and 14 rebounds for the Wolverines. With 5.9 rebounds per game and 0.6 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Areas of strength for Michigan include: turnover percentage at 14.4 and effective field goal percentage at 55.0.
- A for effort, but Kansas has emerged victorious against Michigan the last two times they've played.
- Kansas has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Michigan (three vs. zero).
- Kansas has a better record in close games than Michigan this season (6-2 vs. 4-3).
- Kansas has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Michigan (10 vs. three).
- Kansas has more wins over the last 5 years than Michigan (190 vs. 116).
- Kansas players are more experienced than Michigan players (14,366 minutes played vs. 13,152 minutes played).
- Kansas does a better job contesting shots (35.8 percent allowed vs. 41.8 percent allowed) than Michigan this season.
- Kansas has a better conference record than Michigan this season (14-4 vs. 12-6).
- Over the past 10 years, Kansas has had more players drafted by the NBA than Michigan (16 vs. two).
- The Kansas rebounding leader (Jeff Withey, 266 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Michigan rebounding leader (Glenn Robinson III, 169 rebounds).
- Kansas has a stronger schedule than Michigan this season (SOS Rank: No. 27 vs. No. 36).
|A-||G. Robinson III||33||11||5||1||1||0||1|
|A-||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||15||5||2||1||1||2|
|D+||A. White III||6||2||1||0||0||0||1|