(22) Creighton 50
(28-8, 7-5 away)
(6) Duke 66
(29-5, 16-0 home)
Venue: Wells Fargo Center
9:48PM ET / 6:48PM PT, March 24, 2013
||D McDermott 21
||D McDermott 9
||G Gibbs 4
||R Sulaimon 21
||T Thornton 6
||Q Cook 6
On Sunday, Mar. 24, No. 7-seeded Creighton took on No. 2-seeded Duke and was crushed by the Blue Devils 66-50 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. The Bluejays got a team-high 21 points and nine rebounds from Doug McDermott. Grant Gibbs had eight points and added five rebounds. For the Blue Devils, Rasheed Sulaimon got a game-high 21 points and five rebounds. Creighton closes out the season with a 28-8 record. The Bluejays got to the NCAA Tournament as the Missouri Valley champion after beating Wichita State 68-65 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished first in the Missouri Valley with a 13-5 record in conference play. Creighton took down No. 10-seeded Cincinnati 67-63 in the second round.
Creighton Game Notes
- Prior to this game, Creighton played nine Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 0-9.
- Creighton set season lows for assists (nine), field goals made (16), field goal percentage (30.2), steals (two), three-pointers (two), three-point percentage (10.5), and total points (50).
- The Bluejays have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past seven games.
- Creighton has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 42.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Doug McDermott and Gregory Echenique) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 29 times and in rebounding 21 times in 36 games this season.
- This marks the 56th 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Doug McDermott.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Grant Gibbs.
Duke Game Notes
- Rasheed Sulaimon accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- Rasheed Sulaimon has led the team in scoring four times in 34 games this season.
- Seth Curry has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Rasheed Sulaimon's career.
- Mason Plumlee has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Mason Plumlee.
- Tyler Thornton set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Josh Hairston.