La Salle 76
(24-9, 8-6 away)
(27-9, 16-1 home)
Venue: Sprint Center
8:10PM ET / 5:10PM PT, March 24, 2013
||R Galloway 24
||D Peterson 4
||D Peterson 4
||M Henderson 21
||M Holloway 13
||J Summers 6
On Sunday, Mar. 24, No. 12-seeded Ole Miss took on No. 13-seeded La Salle and lost a close one to the Explorers 76-74 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. Murphy Holloway earned a double-double in the Rebels loss with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Marshall Henderson also had a strong showing, scoring a team-high 21 points and adding three rebounds. For the Explorers, Ramon Galloway got a game-high 24 points (4 Reb 3 Ast), including six-of-10 shooting from three-point range. Ole Miss closes out the season with a 27-9 record. The Rebels got to the NCAA Tournament as the SEC champion after beating Florida 66-63 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished second in the SEC with a 12-6 record in conference play. Ole Miss defeated No. 5-seeded Wisconsin 57-46 in the second round.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- The Rebels have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Ole Miss is 35-27 in close games.
- Ole Miss has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording five or fewer steals.
- The Rebels have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Ole Miss has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Marshall Henderson and Murphy Holloway) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- Murphy Holloway accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson has led the team in scoring in 24 out of 36 games this season.
- Murphy Holloway has led the team in rebounding in 25 out of 36 games this season.
- Murphy Holloway recorded the 47th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Murphy Holloway has four straight double-digit point games.
- Murphy Holloway recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 39th of his career.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has 32 straight double-digit point games.
La Salle Game Notes
- Ramon Galloway accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Ramon Galloway has led the team in scoring 16 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Ramon Galloway's career.
- Ramon Galloway has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ramon Galloway set a career high with six three-pointers.