La Salle 76
(24-9, 8-6 away)
(27-9, 16-1 home)
Venue: Sprint Center
8:10PM ET / 5:10PM PT, March 24, 2013
||R Galloway 24
||D Peterson 4
||D Peterson 4
||M Henderson 21
||M Holloway 13
||J Summers 6
No. 13-seeded La Salle squared off with No. 12-seeded Ole Miss on Sunday, Mar. 24 and just barely beat the Rebels 76-74 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. Ramon Galloway played brilliantly for the Explorers and put up a game-high 24 points (4 Reb 3 Ast), shooting six of 10 from three-point range. Tyreek Duren had 19 points and added four rebounds. Murphy Holloway recorded a double-double for the Rebels on 14 points and 13 rebounds. Ole Miss wraps up the season with a 27-9 record. The Rebels got to the NCAA Tournament as the SEC champion after beating Florida 66-63 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished second in the SEC with a 12-6 conference record. Ole Miss took down No. 5-seeded Wisconsin 57-46 in the second round. La Salle (24-9, 11-5 A-10) goes up against No. 9-seeded Wichita State (28-8, 12-6 Missouri Valley) in the Sweet Sixteen on Thursday, Mar. 28.
La Salle Game Notes
- The win over Ole Miss extended the La Salle winning streak to three games.
- La Salle beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Explorers have beaten the spread.
- The Explorers have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, La Salle is 33-32 in close games.
- The Explorers have won every game this season (12-0) after recording 76 or more total points.
- La Salle has won every game this season (10-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1 percent or better.
- La Salle has won 89 percent of the time this season (16-2) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- La Salle has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 21.1 percent three-point percentage.
- This season La Salle has won 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Tyreek Duren has 19 points or more, 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Ramon Galloway plays 39 minutes or more, and 76 percent of the time (16-5) when Jerrell Wright has four field goals made or more.
- The Explorers have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- La Salle has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- Ramon Galloway accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Ramon Galloway has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Ramon Galloway's career.
- Ramon Galloway has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ramon Galloway had a career high with six three-pointers.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- The Rebels have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Ole Miss is 35-27 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Marshall Henderson and Murphy Holloway) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- Murphy Holloway accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson has led the team in scoring 24 times in 36 games this season.
- Murphy Holloway has led the team in rebounding 25 times in 36 games this season.
- Murphy Holloway recorded the 47th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Murphy Holloway has four straight double-digit point games.
- Murphy Holloway recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 39th of his career.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has 32 straight double-digit point games.