On Sunday, Mar. 24, No. 7-seeded San Diego State took on No. 15-seeded Florida Gulf Coast and fell to the Eagles 81-71 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. Jamaal Franklin got a team-high 20 points and 11 rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl) for the Aztecs, earning a double-double. DeShawn Stephens scored 10 points and added five rebounds. For the Eagles, Bernard Thompson finished with a game-high 23 points and four rebounds. San Diego State closes out the season with a 23-11 record. The Aztecs got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to New Mexico 60-50 in the Mountain West Tournament. In the regular season, they finished fourth in the Mountain West with a 9-7 record in conference play. San Diego State defeated No. 10-seeded Oklahoma 70-55 in the second round.
San Diego State Game Notes
- This is the second loss of the season where the Aztecs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Jamaal Franklin and Chase Tapley) accounted for 52.1 percent of the points.
- Jamaal Franklin accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 21 times and in rebounding 24 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Jamaal Franklin's career.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 26th of his career.
- Chase Tapley has six straight double-digit point games.
- DeShawn Stephens had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- Brett Comer recorded a team season high in assists with 14.
- The top two scorers (Bernard Thompson and Sherwood Brown) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- Bernard Thompson has led the team in scoring nine times in 36 games this season.
- Sherwood Brown has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 36 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Bernard Thompson's career.
- Bernard Thompson has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the 11th double-digit assist game of Brett Comer's career.
- Brett Comer has three straight double-digit point games.
- Brett Comer recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
- Brett Comer set a career high with 14 assists.
- Sherwood Brown has six straight double-digit point games.