On Sunday, Mar. 24, No. 11-seeded Minnesota took on No. 3-seeded Florida and was defeated by the Gators 78-64 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. Andre Hollins paced the Golden Gophers and put up a game-high 25 points, shooting six of 10 from three-point range. Trevor Mbakwe had 11 points and added six rebounds. For the Gators, Mike Rosario got a season-high 25 points, including six-of-nine shooting from three-point range. Minnesota closes out the season with a 21-13 record. The Golden Gophers got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Illinois 51-49 in the Big Ten Tournament. In the regular season, they finished seventh in the Big Ten with an 8-10 record in conference play. Minnesota took down No. 6-seeded UCLA 83-63 in the second round.
Minnesota Game Notes
- The last time Minnesota started the season 21-13 was 2009.
- Prior to this game, Minnesota played 53 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 17-36.
- Minnesota has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after recording four or fewer steals.
- The Golden Gophers have lost 83 percent of the time this season (2-10) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Minnesota has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Minnesota has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 10 or more three-pointers this season, Minnesota has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Minnesota set season lows for blocks (one) and rebounds (29).
- Andre Hollins accounted for 39.0 percent of the team's points.
- Andre Hollins has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 34 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding in 22 out of 34 games this season.
- Austin Hollins has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Andre Hollins's career.
- Andre Hollins has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Hollins had a career high with six three-pointers.
Florida Game Notes
- Mike Rosario accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Patric Young and Will Yeguete) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring 15 times in 35 games this season.
- Patric Young has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 35 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Mike Rosario's career.
- Mike Rosario set a career high with six three-pointers.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Erik Murphy.