(21-13, 3-8 away)
(14) Florida 78
(28-7, 15-0 home)
Venue: Erwin Center
6:10PM ET / 3:10PM PT, March 24, 2013
||A Hollins 25
||T Mbakwe 6
||E Eliason 3
||M Rosario 25
||P Young 7
||S Wilbekin 6
On Sunday, Mar. 24, No. 3-seeded Florida took on No. 11-seeded Minnesota and got a major victory over the Golden Gophers 78-64 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. The Gators got a season-high 25 points from Mike Rosario, with 18 points coming from three-point range. Scottie Wilbekin also contributed, scoring 12 points. For the Golden Gophers, Andre Hollins finished with a game-high 25 points, including six-of-10 shooting from three-point range. Minnesota wraps up the season with a 21-13 record. The Golden Gophers got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Illinois 51-49 in the Big Ten Tournament In the regular season, they finished seventh in the Big Ten with an 8-10 conference record. Minnesota defeated No. 6-seeded UCLA 83-63 in the second round. Florida (28-7, 14-4 SEC) goes up against No. 15-seeded Florida Gulf Coast (25-10, 13-5 Atlantic Sun) in the Sweet Sixteen on Friday, Mar. 29.
Florida Game Notes
- The last time UF started the season 28-7 was 2010.
- UF beat the spread by six points. That makes the 18th time this season the Gators have beaten the spread.
- The Gators have won every game this season (14-0) after recording 78 or more total points.
- Florida has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 56.8 percent or better.
- UF has won 94 percent of the time this season (15-1) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Florida has won 86 percent of the time (12-2) when Erik Murphy has 15 points or more, 90 percent of the time (18-2) when Will Yeguete has five rebounds or more, and 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Scottie Wilbekin has six assists or more.
- The Gators set a season high for free throws made (26).
- The last time UF recorded at least 26 free throws made was Feb 18, 2012 against Arkansas.
- UF set a season low for rebounds (26).
- Mike Rosario accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Patric Young and Will Yeguete) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 35 games this season.
- Patric Young has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 35 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Mike Rosario's career.
- Mike Rosario had a career high with six three-pointers.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Erik Murphy.
Minnesota Game Notes
- Andre Hollins accounted for 39.0 percent of the team's points.
- Andre Hollins has led the team in scoring 12 times in 34 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 34 games this season.
- Austin Hollins has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Andre Hollins's career.
- Andre Hollins has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Hollins set a career high with six three-pointers.
|-||M. Frazier II||8||0||2||0||0||0||1|