No. 1-seeded Indiana squared off with No. 9-seeded Temple on Sunday, Mar. 24 and clipped the Owls 58-52 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. Victor Oladipo led the Hoosiers and put up a team-high 16 points and eight rebounds. Christian Watford had nine points and added eight rebounds. For the Owls, Khalif Wyatt got a game-high 31 points and three rebounds. Temple wraps up the season with a 24-10 record. The Owls got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Massachusetts 79-74 in the A-10 Tournament In the regular season, they finished fourth in the A-10 with an 11-5 conference record. Temple beat No. 8-seeded NC State 76-72 in the second round. Indiana (29-6, 14-4 Big Ten) takes on No. 4-seeded Syracuse (28-9, 11-7 Big East) in the Sweet Sixteen on Thursday, Mar. 28.
Indiana Game Notes
- Indiana has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- IU has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- IU has won every game this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Indiana has won 88 percent of the time (23-3) when Cody Zeller has 15 points or more, 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Victor Oladipo plays 32 minutes or more, and 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Christian Watford has five free throws made or more.
- IU set season lows for field goals made (19) and steals (zero).
- This is the third win of the season where the Hoosiers came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Victor Oladipo and Christian Watford) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Victor Oladipo has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 11 times in 35 games this season.
- Victor Oladipo has five straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller has seven straight double-digit point games.
Temple Game Notes
- Khalif Wyatt recorded a team season high in field goals made with 12.
- Khalif Wyatt accounted for 59.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Scootie Randall and Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring 23 times in 34 games this season.
- Scootie Randall has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 32nd 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Khalif Wyatt set a career high with 12 field goals made.