(24-10, 8-4 away)
(4) Indiana 58
(29-6, 17-2 home)
Venue: University of Dayton Arena
3:06PM ET / 12:06PM PT, March 24, 2013
||K Wyatt 31
||S Randall 9
||S Randall 3
||V Oladipo 16
||V Oladipo 8
||K Ferrell 3
On Sunday, Mar. 24, No. 9-seeded Temple was beaten by No. 1-seeded Indiana 58-52 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. Khalif Wyatt put up a game-high 31 points and three rebounds in the Owls loss. Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson had eight points and added seven rebounds. For the Hoosiers, Victor Oladipo got a team-high 16 points and eight rebounds. Temple closes out the season with a 24-10 record. The Owls got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Massachusetts 79-74 in the A-10 Tournament. In the regular season, they finished fourth in the A-10 with an 11-5 record in conference play. Temple beat No. 8-seeded NC State 76-72 in the second round.
Temple Game Notes
- Temple beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Temple played 23 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-15.
- The Owls have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 33.9 percent or worse.
- Temple set season lows for assists (eight), three-point percentage (12.5), and total points (52).
- The Owls have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- Temple has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Owls opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Khalif Wyatt recorded a team season high in field goals made with 12.
- Khalif Wyatt accounted for 59.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Scootie Randall and Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring in 23 out of 34 games this season.
- Scootie Randall has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 34 games this season.
- This marks the 32nd 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Khalif Wyatt had a career high with 12 field goals made.
Indiana Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Victor Oladipo and Christian Watford) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Victor Oladipo has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 11 times in 35 games this season.
- Victor Oladipo has five straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller has seven straight double-digit point games.