Arizona vs. Ohio State: Full Game Preview
|Arizona||M Lyons 15.4||K Tarczewski 6.2||N Johnson 3.3|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 19.7||D Thomas 6.1||A Craft 4.7|
No. 2-seeded Ohio State meets No. 6-seeded Arizona in the sweet sixteen of the NCAA Tournament at Staples Center on Thursday. Tipoff is at 7:47 p.m. ET.
The 22 points and five rebounds by Deshaun Thomas helped the Buckeyes to a 78-75 victory over Iowa State on Mar. 24. He paces the team in points per game with 19.7, and rebounds per game with 6.1. In a 74-51 blowout of Harvard on Mar. 23, Mark Lyons put up 27 points for the Wildcats. His 15.4 points per game is the highest mark on the team. Areas of strength for Arizona include: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.5 and effective field goal percentage at 52.6.
- The Ohio State assist leader (Aaron Craft, 134 assists) has more assists than the Arizona assist leader (Nick Johnson, 94 assists).
- Ohio State has a stronger schedule than Arizona this season (SOS Rank: No. 13 vs. No. 33).
- Ohio State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (79.0 percent to 67.5 percent).
- The Ohio State scoring leader (Deshaun Thomas, 592 points) has more points than the Arizona scoring leader (Mark Lyons, 446 points).
- Arizona has been ducking Ohio State for over 30 years.
- The Ohio State three-point leader (Deshaun Thomas, 61 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Arizona three-point leader (Mark Lyons, 56 three-pointers).
- Deshaun Thomas is ranked 21st nationally in points.
- The Ohio State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Arizona (64 percent vs. 20 percent).
- The Ohio State blocks leader (Amir Williams, 41 blocks) has more blocks than the Arizona blocks leader (Grant Jerrett, 26 blocks).
- Ohio State has more wins over the last 5 years than Arizona (163 vs. 133).
- Ohio State is better at defending the three (32.7 percent allowed vs. 36.5 percent allowed) than Arizona this season.
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||7||3||2||0||0||0||0|