|Arizona||M Lyons 15.4||K Tarczewski 6.2||N Johnson 3.3|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 19.7||D Thomas 6.1||A Craft 4.7|
No. 6-seeded Arizona squares off against No. 2-seeded Ohio State in the sweet sixteen of the NCAA Tournament at Staples Center on Thursday. It gets started at 7:47 p.m. ET.
In their last game on Mar. 23, Mark Lyons put up 27 points as the Wildcats ran it up on Harvard 74-51. At 15.4, he paces the team in points per game. For the Buckeyes, Aaron Craft put up 18 points and six assists in the 78-75 win over Iowa State on Mar. 24. With 4.7 assists per game and 2.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Ohio State StatSmack
- Even computers respect Arizona more. Arizona has a better RPI this season than Ohio State (RPI: No. 11 vs. No. 13).
- The Pac-12 has 2 teams - Utah (75.3 percent) and Arizona (74.7 percent) - that shoot a better free throw percentage than the Big Ten leader, Indiana (74.3 percent).
- The Arizona steals leader (Nick Johnson, 61 steals) has more steals than the Ohio State steals leader (Aaron Craft, 60 steals).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Arizona currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 962) than Ohio State, per the NCAA.
- Nick Johnson is ranked 50th nationally in steals.
- Arizona has a better record on the road than Ohio State this season (7-4 vs. 5-5).
- Arizona has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Ohio State (eight vs. six).
- Ohio State has to pay up to win. The coach for Arizona has a much lower base salary than Ohio State ($2,300,000 vs. $2,555,000).
- The Pac-12 has 2 teams - Oregon (8.6) and UCLA (8.2) - that create more steals per game than the Big Ten leader, Michigan State (8.2).
- The Pac-12 has had 25 more NBA Draft picks than the Big Ten over the past 10 years.
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||7||3||2||0||0||0||0|