(21-12, 6-5 away)
(16) Syracuse 66
(28-9, 17-2 home)
Venue: HP Pavilion
9:50PM ET / 6:50PM PT, March 23, 2013
||R Solomon 22
||R Solomon 14
||J Cobbs 4
||C Fair 18
||J Southerland 9
||M Carter-Williams 3
On Saturday, Mar. 23, No. 12-seeded California fell short to No. 4-seeded Syracuse 66-60 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. Richard Solomon got a career-high 22 points and 14 rebounds for the Golden Bears, earning a double-double. David Kravish had four points and added six rebounds. James Southerland finished with 14 points and nine rebounds for the Orange. California closes out the season with a 21-12 record. The Golden Bears got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Utah 79-69 in the Pac-12 Tournament. In the regular season, they finished third in the Pac-12 with a 12-6 record in conference play. California got the best of No. 5-seeded UNLV 64-61 in the second round.
California Game Notes
- California beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Golden Bears have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, California played 29 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-21.
- The Golden Bears have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a field goal percentage of 39.3 percent or worse.
- California has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Richard Solomon recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- Richard Solomon accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Richard Solomon accounted for 41.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Richard Solomon has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Richard Solomon's career.
- Richard Solomon recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- Richard Solomon had career highs with 22 points, 14 rebounds, and nine defensive rebounds.
Syracuse Game Notes
- The top two scorers (C.J. Fair and James Southerland) accounted for 48.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (James Southerland and Baye Keita) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in scoring 15 times in 37 games this season.
- James Southerland has led the team in rebounding six times in 37 games this season.
- C.J. Fair has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for James Southerland.