(25) Oregon 74
(28-8, 6-5 away)
(13) Saint Louis 57
(28-7, 17-2 home)
Venue: HP Pavilion
7:10PM ET / 4:10PM PT, March 23, 2013
||D Dotson 23
||A Kazemi 16
||J Loyd 6
||K Mitchell 18
||D Evans 9
||R Loe 3
No. 4-seeded Saint Louis was destroyed by No. 12-seeded Oregon 74-57 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday, Mar. 23. Kwamain Mitchell put up a team-high 18 points (5 Stl 3 Ast) in the loss. Dwayne Evans had 16 points and added nine rebounds. For the Ducks, Arsalan Kazemi got eight points and 16 rebounds. Saint Louis closes out the season with a 28-7 record. The Billikens got to the NCAA Tournament as the A-10 champion after beating Virginia Commonwealth 62-56 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished first in the A-10 with a 13-3 record in conference play. Saint Louis beat No. 13-seeded New Mexico State 64-44 in the second round.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- Prior to this game, SLU played 18 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 7-11.
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Saint Louis has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 10 or more steals this season, Saint Louis has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- SLU set season lows for three-pointers (three) and three-point percentage (14.3).
- The Billikens have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- Saint Louis has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Kwamain Mitchell accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Dwayne Evans accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kwamain Mitchell has led the team in scoring in four out of 35 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in rebounding in 25 out of 35 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Kwamain Mitchell.
Oregon Game Notes
- Damyean Dotson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with five.
- Damyean Dotson accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's points.
- Arsalan Kazemi accounted for 42.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Damyean Dotson has led the team in scoring 10 times in 36 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 36 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded the 66th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Arsalan Kazemi set a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Damyean Dotson's career.
- Damyean Dotson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Carlos Emory has four straight double-digit point games.
|C-||Mike McCall Jr||26||0||3||3||1||0||0|