(25) Oregon 74
(28-8, 6-5 away)
(13) Saint Louis 57
(28-7, 17-2 home)
Venue: HP Pavilion
7:10PM ET / 4:10PM PT, March 23, 2013
||D Dotson 23
||A Kazemi 16
||J Loyd 6
||K Mitchell 18
||D Evans 9
||R Loe 3
On Saturday, Mar. 23, No. 12-seeded Oregon took on No. 4-seeded Saint Louis and pounded the Billikens 74-57 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. Arsalan Kazemi played brilliantly for the Ducks and put up eight points and 16 rebounds. Damyean Dotson was solid from three-point range, going five for six to get to a season-high 23 points overall. For the Billikens, Kwamain Mitchell got a team-high 18 points (5 Stl 3 Ast). This makes five wins in a row for the Ducks. Saint Louis wraps up the season with a 28-7 record. The Billikens got to the NCAA Tournament as the A-10 champion after beating Virginia Commonwealth 62-56 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished first in the A-10 with a 13-3 conference record. Saint Louis defeated No. 13-seeded New Mexico State 64-44 in the second round. Oregon (28-8, 12-6 Pac-12) takes on No. 1-seeded Louisville (31-5, 14-4 Big East) in the Sweet Sixteen on Friday, Mar. 29.
Oregon Game Notes
- The win over Saint Louis extended the Oregon winning streak to five games.
- Oregon beat the spread by 21 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Ducks have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Oregon played 27 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 10-17.
- The Ducks have won 95 percent of the time this season (18-1) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Oregon has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 27 or fewer rebounds.
- Oregon has won 79 percent of the time this season (11-3) after holding an opponent to under 37.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Oregon has won 85 percent of the time (11-2) when E.J. Singler has 14 points or more and 87 percent of the time (13-2) when Arsalan Kazemi has four field goals made or more.
- The Ducks set a season high for three-point percentage (72.7).
- The Ducks have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Damyean Dotson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with five.
- Damyean Dotson accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's points.
- Arsalan Kazemi accounted for 42.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Damyean Dotson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 36 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi has led the team in rebounding in 22 out of 36 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded the 66th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Arsalan Kazemi had a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Damyean Dotson's career.
- Damyean Dotson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Carlos Emory has four straight double-digit point games.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- Kwamain Mitchell accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Dwayne Evans accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kwamain Mitchell has led the team in scoring four times in 35 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in rebounding 25 times in 35 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Kwamain Mitchell.
|C-||Mike McCall Jr||26||0||3||3||1||0||0|