On a day when they shot just 27.6 percent, No. 14-seeded Harvard was smoked by No. 6-seeded Arizona 74-51 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. Steve Moundou-Missi got nine points and five rebounds in the Crimson loss. Kenyatta Smith had 10 points and added five rebounds. For the Wildcats, Mark Lyons finished with a season-high 27 points on 70.6 percent shooting. Harvard closes out the season with a 20-10 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the Ivy League with an 11-3 record in conference play. Harvard outplayed No. 3-seeded New Mexico 68-62 in the second round.
Harvard Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:35 left to go.
- Prior to this game, Harvard played nine Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 3-6.
- Harvard has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Harvard has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, Harvard has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Harvard set season lows for field goals made (16) and field goal percentage (27.6).
- Harvard has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Jonah Travis has led the team in rebounding in five out of 30 games this season.
Arizona Game Notes
- Mark Lyons recorded a team season high in points with 27 and field goals made with 12.
- Mark Lyons accounted for 36.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Solomon Hill and Brandon Ashley) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Mark Lyons has led the team in scoring 16 times in 34 games this season.
- Solomon Hill has led the team in rebounding eight times in 34 games this season.
- Solomon Hill recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Solomon Hill recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and 14th of his career.
- Nick Johnson set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Mark Lyons's career.
- Mark Lyons has four straight double-digit point games.
- Mark Lyons set career highs with 27 points and 12 field goals made.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Brandon Ashley.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Kevin Parrom.