(20-10, 6-8 away)
(21) Arizona 74
(27-7, 14-2 home)
Venue: EnergySolutions Arena
6:10PM ET / 3:10PM PT, March 23, 2013
||K Smith 10
||J Travis 6
||W Saunders 5
||M Lyons 27
||S Hill 10
||N Johnson 4
On Saturday, Mar. 23, No. 6-seeded Arizona held No. 14-seeded Harvard to just 27.6 percent from the floor and won big over the Crimson 74-51 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament. The Wildcats got the win with a season-high 27 points from Mark Lyons on 70.6 percent shooting in 33 minutes. Solomon Hill got a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Steve Moundou-Missi got nine points and five rebounds for the Crimson. Harvard wraps up the season with a 20-10 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the Ivy League with an 11-3 conference record. Harvard overcame No. 3-seeded New Mexico 68-62 in the second round. Arizona (27-7, 12-6 Pac-12) faces off with No. 2-seeded Ohio State (27-7, 13-5 Big Ten) in the Sweet Sixteen on Thursday, Mar. 28.
Arizona Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:35 left to go.
- Arizona started 27-7 during the 2010 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Arizona beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the eighth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Arizona has been on the winning end of 25 blowout games.
- Arizona has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 55.1 percent or better.
- Arizona has won 94 percent of the time this season (16-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- The Wildcats have won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after recording 39 or more rebounds.
- Arizona has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 51 or fewer total points.
- Arizona has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 27.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Arizona has won 80 percent of the time (16-4) when Solomon Hill has 13 points or more, 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Nick Johnson plays 34 minutes or more, and 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Mark Lyons has three three-pointers or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for three-point percentage (60.0).
- The last time Arizona had a three-point percentage of 60.0 percent or higher was Feb 02, 2012 against California.
- The Wildcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Arizona has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Mark Lyons recorded a team season high in points with 27 and field goals made with 12.
- Mark Lyons accounted for 36.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Solomon Hill and Brandon Ashley) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Mark Lyons has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 34 games this season.
- Solomon Hill has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 34 games this season.
- Solomon Hill recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Solomon Hill recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and 14th of his career.
- Nick Johnson had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Mark Lyons's career.
- Mark Lyons has four straight double-digit point games.
- Mark Lyons had career highs with 27 points and 12 field goals made.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Brandon Ashley.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Kevin Parrom.
Harvard Game Notes
- Jonah Travis has led the team in rebounding five times in 30 games this season.