Colorado State 56
(26-9, 6-6 away)
(2) Louisville 82
(31-5, 15-1 home)
Venue: Rupp Arena
5:15PM ET / 2:15PM PT, March 23, 2013
||G Smith 14
||C Iverson 7
||C Iverson 2
||R Smith 27
||M Harrell 4
||K Ware 5
No. 8-seeded Colorado State was thumped by No. 1-seeded Louisville 82-56 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament in a game where they had 20 turnovers. The Rams got nine points and seven rebounds from Colton Iverson. Daniel Bejarano had 10 points and added seven rebounds. Russ Smith finished with a game-high 27 points and three rebounds for the Cardinals. Colorado State closes out the season with a 26-9 record. The Rams got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to UNLV 75-65 in the Mountain West Tournament. In the regular season, they finished second in the Mountain West with an 11-5 record in conference play. Colorado State defeated No. 9-seeded Missouri 84-72 in the second round.
Colorado State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:57 left to go.
- Prior to this game, CSU played 20 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 3-17.
- The Rams set a season high for turnovers (20).
- The last time CSU recorded at least 20 turnovers was Mar 15, 2012 against Murray State.
- CSU set season lows for assists (four), field goals made (19), rebounds (24), and steals (zero).
- The top two scorers (Greg Smith and Daniel Bejarano) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Colton Iverson and Daniel Bejarano) accounted for 58.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Greg Smith has led the team in scoring in eight out of 35 games this season.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 35 games this season.
Louisville Game Notes
- Russ Smith accounted for 32.9 percent of the team's points.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring 23 times in 36 games this season.
- Montrezl Harrell has led the team in rebounding three times in 36 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Russ Smith's career.
- Russ Smith has five straight double-digit point games.
- Gorgui Dieng set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Wayne Blackshear set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|-||Joe De Ciman||3||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|C+||S. Van Treese||15||2||3||0||2||0||1|