Colorado State 56
(26-9, 6-6 away)
(2) Louisville 82
(31-5, 15-1 home)
Venue: Rupp Arena
5:15PM ET / 2:15PM PT, March 23, 2013
||G Smith 14
||C Iverson 7
||C Iverson 2
||R Smith 27
||M Harrell 4
||K Ware 5
No. 1-seeded Louisville turned the ball over only nine times and waxed No. 8-seeded Colorado State 82-56 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday, Mar. 23. The Cardinals were led by Russ Smith, who put up a game-high 27 points and three rebounds. Montrezl Harrell had 11 points and added four rebounds. For the Rams, Colton Iverson finished with nine points and seven rebounds. The Cardinals have now won 12 games straight. Colorado State wraps up the season with a 26-9 record. The Rams got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to UNLV 75-65 in the Mountain West Tournament In the regular season, they finished second in the Mountain West with an 11-5 conference record. Colorado State outplayed No. 9-seeded Missouri 84-72 in the second round. Louisville (31-5, 14-4 Big East) plays No. 12-seeded Oregon (27-8, 12-6 Pac-12) in the Sweet Sixteen on Friday, Mar. 29.
Louisville Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:57 left to go.
- The last time Lville started the season 31-5 was 2008.
- The win over Colorado State extended the Louisville winning streak to 12 games.
- Lville beat the spread by 15.5 points. That makes the 22nd time this season the Cardinals have beaten the spread.
- This was the 13th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Lville has been on the winning end of 57 blowout games.
- The Cardinals have won 89 percent of the time this season (17-2) after recording 11 or more steals.
- Louisville has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- Lville has won 96 percent of the time this season (27-1) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Louisville has won 90 percent of the time (19-2) when Peyton Siva has 10 points or more, 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Russ Smith plays 32 minutes or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Montrezl Harrell has five field goals made or more.
- The Cardinals set a season high for three-point percentage (55.6).
- The last time Lville had a three-point percentage of 55.6 percent or higher was Dec 27, 2010 against Morgan State.
- The Cardinals have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 15 games.
- Louisville has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 30 games.
- Russ Smith accounted for 32.9 percent of the team's points.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring in 23 out of 36 games this season.
- Montrezl Harrell has led the team in rebounding in three out of 36 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Russ Smith's career.
- Russ Smith has five straight double-digit point games.
- Gorgui Dieng had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Wayne Blackshear had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Colorado State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Greg Smith and Daniel Bejarano) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Colton Iverson and Daniel Bejarano) accounted for 58.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Greg Smith has led the team in scoring eight times in 35 games this season.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 35 games this season.
|-||Joe De Ciman||3||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|C+||S. Van Treese||15||2||3||0||2||0||1|