On Saturday, Mar. 23, No. 1-seeded Alabama took on No. 4-seeded Stanford and got a major victory against the Cardinal 66-54 in the second round of the NIT. The Crimson Tide were led by Levi Randolph, who got a game-high 16 points and six rebounds. Nick Jacobs also had a solid game, scoring 10 points and adding six rebounds. Josh Huestis got nine points and eight rebounds for the Cardinal. Stanford wraps up the season with a 19-15 record. In the regular season, they finished eighth in the Pac-12 with a 9-9 conference record. Stanford took down No. 5-seeded Stephen F. Austin 58-57 in the first round. Alabama (23-12, 12-6 SEC) takes on No. 2-seeded Maryland (24-12, 8-10 ACC) in the quarterfinals on Tuesday, Mar. 26.
Alabama Game Notes
- Alabama beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Crimson Tide have beaten the spread.
- The Crimson Tide have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 39 or more rebounds.
- Alabama has won 75 percent of the time this season (15-5) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Alabama has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record eight or fewer free throws made.
- Alabama has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Alabama has won 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Levi Randolph has four field goals made or more, 71 percent of the time (12-5) when Trevor Releford has four free throws made or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Nick Jacobs has six rebounds or more.
- The Crimson Tide have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- This is the 19th game at home this season--Alabama has a 8.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Levi Randolph and Retin Obasohan) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (18).
- Levi Randolph has led the team in scoring in four out of 35 games this season.
- Devonta Pollard has led the team in rebounding in four out of 35 games this season.
Stanford Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Dwight Powell and Josh Huestis) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chasson Randle has led the team in scoring 11 times in 34 games this season.
- Dwight Powell has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 34 games this season.