(19-15, 5-7 away)
(23-12, 16-3 home)
Venue: Coleman Coliseum
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 23, 2013
||C Randle 11
||J Huestis 8
||A Bright 3
||L Randolph 16
||D Pollard 8
||D Pollard 2
On Saturday, Mar. 23, No. 4-seeded Stanford took on No. 1-seeded Alabama and was defeated by the Crimson Tide 66-54 in the second round of the NIT. Josh Huestis put up nine points and eight rebounds in the loss. Chasson Randle had 11 points and added two rebounds. For the Crimson Tide, Levi Randolph got a game-high 16 points and six rebounds. Stanford closes out the season with a 19-15 record. In the regular season, they finished eighth in the Pac-12 with a 9-9 record in conference play. Stanford took down No. 5-seeded Stephen F. Austin 58-57 in the first round.
Stanford Game Notes
- Stanford has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording eight or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Stanford has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records eight or more steals this season, Stanford has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- Stanford set season lows for field goals made (18), field goal percentage (31.0), and total points (54).
- The Cardinal have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past eight games.
- Stanford has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- The top two rebounders (Dwight Powell and Josh Huestis) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chasson Randle has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 34 games this season.
- Dwight Powell has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 34 games this season.
Alabama Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Levi Randolph and Retin Obasohan) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (18).
- Levi Randolph has led the team in scoring four times in 35 games this season.
- Devonta Pollard has led the team in rebounding four times in 35 games this season.