(10) Michigan 78
(28-7, 17-1 home)
Venue: The Palace of Auburn Hills
12:15PM ET / 9:15AM PT, March 23, 2013
||J Reddic 16
||T Daniels 4
||D Theus 3
||M McGary 21
||M McGary 14
||T Burke 7
No. 5-seeded Virginia Commonwealth was blown out by No. 4-seeded Michigan 78-53 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday, Mar. 23. The Rams were paced by Juvonte Reddic, who got a team-high 16 points and three rebounds. Treveon Graham had 11 points and added two rebounds. Mitch McGary registered a double-double for the Wolverines on a season-high 21 points and 14 rebounds. Virginia Commonwealth closes out the season with a 27-9 record. The Rams got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Saint Louis 62-56 in the A-10 Tournament. In the regular season, they finished first in the A-10 with a 12-4 record in conference play. Virginia Commonwealth defeated No. 12-seeded Akron 88-42 in the second round.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- The last time VCU started the season 27-9 was 2009.
- Prior to this game, VCU played 15 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 6-9.
- Virginia Commonwealth has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording six or fewer assists.
- When the opposition commits 12 or fewer turnovers this season, Virginia Commonwealth has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Virginia Commonwealth has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- Juvonte Reddic accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 36 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has four straight double-digit point games.
Michigan Game Notes
- Mitch McGary recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- The top two scorers (Mitch McGary and Trey Burke) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Mitch McGary accounted for 34.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 35 games this season.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has six straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Mitch McGary's career.
- Mitch McGary recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
|A+||G. Robinson III||33||14||9||2||2||0||0|
|A||Tim Hardaway Jr||36||14||2||3||1||0||1|