(21-12, 3-8 away)
(24) UCLA 63
(25-10, 15-3 home)
Venue: Erwin Center
10:20PM ET / 7:20PM PT, March 22, 2013
||A Hollins 28
||T Mbakwe 12
||A Hollins 7
||S Muhammad 20
||K Anderson 11
||K Anderson 4
On Friday, Mar. 22, No. 6-seeded UCLA was destroyed by No. 11-seeded Minnesota 83-63 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Shabazz Muhammad put up a team-high 20 points and four rebounds in the loss. Norman Powell had 10 points and added four rebounds. Andre Hollins got a game-high 28 points (9 Reb 5 Ast) for the Golden Gophers, making five of eight from three-point range. UCLA closes out the season with a 25-10 record. The Bruins got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Oregon 78-69 in the Pac-12 Tournament. In the regular season, they finished first in the Pac-12 with a 13-5 record in conference play.
UCLA Game Notes
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, UCLA has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition records 19 or more assists this season, UCLA has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- UCLA set a season low for field goal percentage (31.7).
- UCLA has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- Shabazz Muhammad accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Anderson and David Wear) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Shabazz Muhammad has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 35 games this season.
- Kyle Anderson has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 35 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Shabazz Muhammad's career.
- Shabazz Muhammad has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Norman Powell had a career high with five steals.
- Kyle Anderson recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Tony Parker.
Minnesota Game Notes
- Andre Hollins accounted for 33.7 percent of the team's points.
- Trevor Mbakwe accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Andre Hollins has led the team in scoring 11 times in 33 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 33 games this season.
- Austin Hollins has three straight double-digit point games.
- Austin Hollins set a career high with seven assists.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Andre Hollins's career.
- Andre Hollins has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Hollins set career highs with nine rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded the 41st double-digit rebound game of his career.
|D+||Larry Drew II||39||4||1||3||0||0||5|