Stony Brook 63
(25-8, 13-6 away)
(23-12, 18-2 home)
Venue: Carver-Hawkeye Arena
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 22, 2013
||J Warney 17
||J Warney 7
||T Brenton 4
||R Devyn Marble 28
||A White 7
||R Devyn Marble 5
On Friday, Mar. 22, No. 7-seeded Stony Brook was beaten by No. 3-seeded Iowa 75-63 in the second round of the NIT. The Seawolves got a team-high 17 points and seven rebounds from Jameel Warney. Anthony Jackson had 15 points. Roy Devyn Marble got a game-high 28 points and five assists for the Hawkeyes. Stony Brook closes out the season with a 25-8 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the America East with a 14-2 record in conference play. Stony Brook beat No. 2-seeded Massachusetts 71-58 in the first round.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.1 percent or better this season, Stony Brook has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.3 percent or better this season, Stony Brook has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, Stony Brook has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- STKNY set a season low for steals (one).
- The top two scorers (Jameel Warney and Anthony Jackson) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 13 times in 33 games this season.
- Dave Coley has four straight double-digit point games.
- Dave Coley had a career high with three three-pointers.
- Jameel Warney has nine straight double-digit point games.
Iowa Game Notes
- Roy Devyn Marble recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 18.
- Roy Devyn Marble accounted for 37.3 percent of the team's points.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring 15 times in 35 games this season.
- Aaron White has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 35 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.