No. 3-seeded Iowa got the win against No. 7-seeded Stony Brook 75-63 in the second round of the NIT on Friday, Mar. 22. The Hawkeyes got the win with a game-high 28 points and five assists from Roy Devyn Marble. Aaron White had 13 points and added seven rebounds. Jameel Warney got a team-high 17 points and seven rebounds for the Seawolves. Stony Brook wraps up the season with a 25-8 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the America East with a 14-2 conference record. Stony Brook topped No. 2-seeded Massachusetts 71-58 in the first round. Iowa (23-12, 9-9 Big Ten) takes on No. 1-seeded Virginia (22-11, 11-7 ACC) in the quarterfinals on Wednesday, Mar. 27.
Iowa Game Notes
- The last time Iowa started the season 23-12 was 2000.
- Iowa beat the spread by four points. That makes the 20th time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- The Hawkeyes have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 20 or more assists.
- Iowa has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.3 percent or better.
- Iowa has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- This season Iowa has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Roy Devyn Marble plays 35 minutes or more, 74 percent of the time (17-6) when Aaron White has four free throws made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Abodunrin Gabriel Olaseni has six rebounds or more.
- The Hawkeyes have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- This is the 20th game at home this season--Iowa has a 15.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Roy Devyn Marble recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 18.
- Roy Devyn Marble accounted for 37.3 percent of the team's points.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 35 games this season.
- Aaron White has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 35 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jameel Warney and Anthony Jackson) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 13 times in 33 games this season.
- Dave Coley has four straight double-digit point games.
- Dave Coley set a career high with three three-pointers.
- Jameel Warney has nine straight double-digit point games.