(20-12, 5-7 away)
San Diego State 70
(23-10, 14-1 home)
Venue: Wells Fargo Center
9:48PM ET / 6:48PM PT, March 22, 2013
|San Diego State
||R Osby 22
||R Osby 8
||S Grooms 3
|San Diego State
||J Franklin 21
||D Stephens 11
||J Franklin 5
On Friday, Mar. 22, No. 10-seeded Oklahoma took on No. 7-seeded San Diego State and was blown out by the Aztecs 70-55 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The Sooners got a game-high 22 points and eight rebounds from Romero Osby. Isaiah Cousins had six points and added five rebounds. For the Aztecs, Jamaal Franklin got a team-high 21 points and eight rebounds. Oklahoma closes out the season with a 20-12 record. The Sooners got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Iowa State 73-66 in the Big 12 Tournament. In the regular season, they finished fourth in the Big 12 with an 11-7 record in conference play.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- Oklahoma has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- The Sooners have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a three-point percentage of 23.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Oklahoma has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Oklahoma has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- OU set a season low for free throws made (four).
- Oklahoma has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Sooners opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Romero Osby accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Romero Osby and Isaiah Cousins) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring 20 times and in rebounding 19 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Romero Osby's career.
- Romero Osby has 11 straight double-digit point games.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jamaal Franklin and James Rahon) accounted for 54.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (DeShawn Stephens and Jamaal Franklin) accounted for 47.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 20 times in 33 games this season.
- DeShawn Stephens has led the team in rebounding three times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Jamaal Franklin's career.
- Chase Tapley has five straight double-digit point games.
- DeShawn Stephens recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- DeShawn Stephens set a career high with 11 rebounds.