(20-12, 5-7 away)
San Diego State 70
(23-10, 14-1 home)
Venue: Wells Fargo Center
9:48PM ET / 6:48PM PT, March 22, 2013
|San Diego State
||R Osby 22
||R Osby 8
||S Grooms 3
|San Diego State
||J Franklin 21
||D Stephens 11
||J Franklin 5
No. 7-seeded San Diego State squared off with No. 10-seeded Oklahoma on Friday, Mar. 22 and easily knocked off the Sooners 70-55 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The Aztecs got the win with a team-high 21 points and eight rebounds from Jamaal Franklin. DeShawn Stephens had seven points and added 11 rebounds. For the Sooners, Romero Osby got a game-high 22 points and eight rebounds. Oklahoma wraps up the season with a 20-12 record. The Sooners got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Iowa State 73-66 in the Big 12 Tournament In the regular season, they finished fourth in the Big 12 with an 11-7 conference record. San Diego State (23-10, 9-7 Mountain West) plays No. 15-seeded Florida Gulf Coast (25-10, 13-5 Atlantic Sun) in the third round on Sunday, Mar. 24.
San Diego State Game Notes
- SDSU beat the spread by 12.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Aztecs have beaten the spread.
- San Diego State has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) when its three-point percentage has been 40.0 percent or better.
- The Aztecs have won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after recording 15 or more assists.
- SDSU has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- SDSU has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 23.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season San Diego State has won 73 percent of the time (16-6) when Chase Tapley has 10 points or more, 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Xavier Thames plays 34 minutes or more, and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Jamaal Franklin has six field goals made or more.
- This is the first win of the season where the Aztecs came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Jamaal Franklin and James Rahon) accounted for 54.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (DeShawn Stephens and Jamaal Franklin) accounted for 47.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 33 games this season.
- DeShawn Stephens has led the team in rebounding in three out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Jamaal Franklin's career.
- Chase Tapley has five straight double-digit point games.
- DeShawn Stephens recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- DeShawn Stephens had a career high with 11 rebounds.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- This loss extended the Sooners losing streak to three games.
- Romero Osby accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Romero Osby and Isaiah Cousins) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring 20 times and in rebounding 19 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Romero Osby's career.
- Romero Osby has 11 straight double-digit point games.