Arizona State 86
(22-13, 4-7 away)
(20-14, 14-5 home)
Venue: Ferrell Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 22, 2013
||C Felix 23
||C Felix 8
||J Carson 5
||P Jackson 26
||C Jefferson 6
||P Jackson 16
On Friday, Mar. 22, No. 3-seeded Arizona State took on No. 2-seeded Baylor and lost a nail-biter to the Bears 89-86 in the second round of the NIT. The Sun Devils got a good performance from Carrick Felix, who put up a team-high 23 points (8 Reb 3 Ast 3 Blk), with 15 coming from three-point range. Chris Colvin had 15 points and added eight rebounds. Pierre Jackson got a double-double for the Bears on a game-high 26 points and 16 assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). Arizona State closes out the season with a 22-13 record. In the regular season, they finished sixth in the Pac-12 with a 9-9 record in conference play. Arizona State defeated No. 6-seeded Detroit 83-68 in the first round.
Arizona State Game Notes
- ASU beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 20th time this season the Sun Devils have beaten the spread.
- The Sun Devils have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Arizona State is 30-26 in close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.2 percent or better this season, Arizona State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- This is the third loss of the season where the Sun Devils opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Carrick Felix and Jahii Carson) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Carrick Felix and Chris Colvin) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Carrick Felix has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 16 times in 35 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Carrick Felix's career.
- Carrick Felix had a career high with five three-pointers.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Jahii Carson's career.
- Jahii Carson has four straight 20+ point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jahii Carson.
- Chris Colvin had career highs with eight rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Jonathan Gilling.
Baylor Game Notes
- The Bears won this one, but have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Baylor is 29-18 in close games.
- Pierre Jackson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 17, assists with 16, and free throws attempted with 21.
- The top two scorers (Pierre Jackson and Cory Jefferson) accounted for 52.8 percent of the points.
- Pierre Jackson has led the team in scoring 21 times in 34 games this season.
- Cory Jefferson has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Pierre Jackson's career.
- Pierre Jackson has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Pierre Jackson recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and eighth of his career.
- Pierre Jackson set career highs with 17 free throws made and 16 assists.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Cory Jefferson's career.
- Cory Jefferson has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for A.J. Walton.