Northwestern State 47
(23-9, 8-7 away)
(14) Florida 79
(27-7, 15-0 home)
Venue: Erwin Center
7:40PM ET / 4:40PM PT, March 22, 2013
||D Hicks 12
||D Hicks 8
||J West 4
||E Murphy 18
||P Young 9
||S Wilbekin 4
No. 14-seeded Northwestern State lost in a blowout to No. 3-seeded Florida 79-47 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on a night when they turned the ball over 15 times. The Demons got a team-high 12 points and eight rebounds from DeQuan Hicks. Jalan West scored five points and added four assists. For the Gators, Erik Murphy finished with a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds. Northwestern State closes out the season with a 23-9 record. The Demons got to the NCAA Tournament as the Southland champion after beating Stephen F. Austin 68-66 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished second in the Southland with a 15-3 record in conference play.
Northwestern State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:07 left to go.
- Prior to this game, NSU played five Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 0-5.
- The Demons have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 36.0 percent or worse.
- NSU set season lows for free throws made (eight), rebounds (26), steals (two), and total points (47).
- Northwestern State has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past seven games.
- DeQuan Hicks accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- DeQuan Hicks has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 13 times in 32 games this season.
- DeQuan Hicks has three straight double-digit point games.
Florida Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Erik Murphy and Patric Young) accounted for 43.0 percent of the points.
- Erik Murphy has led the team in scoring nine times in 34 games this season.
- Patric Young has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 34 games this season.
- Kenny Boynton has three straight double-digit point games.
|C||M. Frazier II||24||3||3||0||2||0||1|