(21-12, 5-7 away)
(23-12, 12-4 home)
Venue: Erwin Center
4:44PM ET / 1:44PM PT, March 22, 2013
||A Booker 14
||J Scott 14
||S Dinwiddie 4
||B Paul 17
||N Egwu 8
||T Abrams 6
No. 7-seeded Illinois squared off with No. 10-seeded Colorado on Friday, Mar. 22 and clipped the Buffaloes 57-49 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Tracy Abrams had a big game for the Fighting Illini and put up 13 points and six assists. Brandon Paul had a game-high 17 points and added four rebounds. Josh Scott got a double-double for the Buffaloes with 10 points and 14 rebounds. Colorado wraps up the season with a 21-12 record. The Buffaloes got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Arizona 79-69 in the Pac-12 Tournament In the regular season, they finished fifth in the Pac-12 with a 10-8 conference record. Illinois (23-12, 8-10 Big Ten) faces off with No. 2-seeded Miami (FL) (28-6, 15-3 ACC) in the third round on Sunday, Mar. 24.
Illinois Game Notes
- The last time Illini started the season 23-12 was 2006.
- Illini beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Fighting Illini have beaten the spread.
- The Fighting Illini have won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after recording 37 or more rebounds.
- Illini has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent field goal percentage.
- Illini has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Illinois has won 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Tracy Abrams has 13 points or more, 72 percent of the time (18-7) when Brandon Paul plays 31 minutes or more, and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when D.J. Richardson has five field goals made or more.
- Illini set a season low for field goals made (16).
- Illinois has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past eight games.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Paul and D.J. Richardson) accounted for 54.3 percent of the points.
- Brandon Paul has led the team in scoring in 21 out of 35 games this season.
- Nnanna Egwu has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 35 games this season.
- Brandon Paul has eight straight double-digit point games.
Colorado Game Notes
- Askia Booker recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Askia Booker and Josh Scott) accounted for 48.9 percent of the points.
- Josh Scott accounted for 38.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Askia Booker has led the team in scoring eight times in 33 games this season.
- Josh Scott has led the team in rebounding five times in 33 games this season.
- Askia Booker set a career high with four three-pointers.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Andre Roberson.
- Josh Scott recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Scott recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Xavier Johnson.